Adopt a Dog
Thank you for considering a rescue dog! We have a lot of wonderful pooches available to suit every lifestyle and we’re sure we can help you find the perfect friend.
Rescue dogs are not broken or bad, they have simply been let down by their human guardians. Many are purebred; some were surrendered, others were found in the street. All our rescue dogs will provide a lifetime of love and companionship.
Our ultimate goal is to find our rescued dogs a “furever” home, so they’ll never deal with abuse or neglect the rest of their lives. To that end, we are meticulous in our effort to ensure the adoption is a good fit between dog and adopter.
Adoption Fees and Services Provided
All our dogs are vet checked, spayed/neutered, vaccinated and micro-chipped prior to adoption. Fees help offset the costs associated with preparing a rescue dog for adoption, and allow us to continue our work saving homeless dogs.
- Adult Dog: $300.00
- Puppy Under Seven Months Old: $400.00
If you cannot afford the fee, there are grant opportunities available. To be considered for an adoption grant, please fill out the adoption application to get started.
Considerations When Adopting
When thinking about adopting a rescued dog, please consider the following:
- You must be 21 years of age or older and live within six hours of the greater Los Angeles area in order to adopt a dog from GRFF.
- Filling out an application does not guarantee adoption. GRFF reserves the right to refuse adoption to any applicant for any reason.
- Please note: we are not trainers and we can’t predict a rescued dog’s behavior once removed from their foster home.
- We will share every detail we are aware of with regards to the dog you’d like to adopt.
- We do our best to learn as much as we can about a rescued dog for as long as they are under our care.
- To ensure a smooth transition for your new adoption, we suggest investing in a trainer.